Dear PRSA St. Louis Members and Friends,
Our jobs as professional communicators have become more important than ever. Over the past month the St. Louis PRSA Board, as well as many of our members, have adjusted to a new normal. Many have taken on increased responsibility and others have seen our workload
Like most businesses and volunteer organizations, the Missouri and Illinois Stay at Home orders have forced us to learn new ways of communicating and staying in touch. I understand it’s cliché, but, we are truly in uncharted territory here.
The health and safety of our members is important. Therefore, we have opted to develop new
programming which includes PRSA St. Louis Video Conference Calling via a new Zoom platform for our upcoming meetings. I encourage you to attend these future events.
We will get through this together! And, we will be stronger as an organization. Be sure to follow us on Facebook for future updates as well as view some of PRSA’s Video Content regarding COVID-19:
- PRSA Interview with St. Louis City Department of Health Director Dr. Fredrick Echols
- Words Matter: Developing a Coronavirus Message Map
- Don’t Panic! How to Deal with Panicked Employees and Customers During COVID-19 Crisis
- Emergency Management Plans – Squashing Rumors and Dealing with the Public
President, PRSA St. Louis
Professional Growth Opportunity: Earning Your APR
First, I hope you are doing well and staying healthy.
As the world continues to face the COVID-19 pandemic, public relations professionals are finding that our day-to-day job looks a little different from what it was a few weeks ago. Our communication has shifted from in-person meetings to teleconferencing and virtual events. Our messaging is less promotional and more reassuring and hopeful as our clients deal with the crisis. And now, more than ever, we are putting a heavier focus on digital campaigns, relying on social media, the Internet and online strategies to tell stories and remain relevant.
Looking for new ways to build your skills and pass the time now that many of us are working from home? If you love to write consider becoming a contributor to the PRSA St. Louis blog. Email [email protected] for more information.
Free Members Only Happy Hour
When you're finished working from home, take some time to network from home. This event is free for members, but please register prior to the event in order to receive secured Zoom access.
Thinking About Getting Your APR?
The Accreditation in Public Relations is one of the most valued credentials in PR. It sets you apart from your peers and positions you as a leader and mentor in the competitive public relations field. If you’re interested in earning your APR, we are here to help!
Check out these upcoming webinars from PRSA! Whether you're working on your APR or just looking to learn more about the industry these webinars are a great place to start AND they're free for members.
- 4/21 Social Media and Effective Reputation Management in a Time of COVID-19
- 4/30 Managing Communications in a Time of Crisis: Learnings From the Impact of Covid-19
- 5/12 Selling the Sizzle: How Brands (Including You) Can Become Notable and Quotable
- 5/19 Developing Cross-Channel Analytics Frameworks to Measure Digital Corporate Reputation
- 5/28 Decoding Gen Z: Actionable Insights For Public Relations and Communication Professionals